Did you know that less than one-third of insurance customers are satisfied with their current providers? This shocking statistic illustrates the need for every insurance company to up their game. It also means that once unsatisfied customers leave an insurance company, it’s time for them to look for a new one. Successful marketing for insurance agencies is crucial because it helps these new clients find your insurance business and understand why you’re better than the rest.
If you’re wondering how to implement successful marketing for insurance agencies, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we’ll explain everything you need to know about advertising for insurance agents.
10 Insurance Marketing Ideas for Agencies
Keep reading to learn our ten most effective insurance marketing ideas.
1. Provide clear and detailed information
Buying insurance can be confusing and overwhelming. Potential clients are wading through endless insurance policies and plans full of technical lingo, so help them understand their options by making your products and plans easy to understand. Insurance is vitally important, and people are concerned about it. They deserve to understand what they’re reading.
As you’re creating all of your materials, consider the following:
- Clear language. Use language such as plain language that people from all educational backgrounds will be able to understand.
- Translated materials. If you work in a city, state, or community with a large immigrant population, translate your documents into your area’s most commonly spoken languages.
- Use your legal team. Remember, your agency’s legal department is there to protect you and your company. Run your materials by the legal team to ensure that everything is in order and all of your information is accurate.
- Get as many eyes on your products as possible. The more people have a chance to read over your marketing materials, the better your materials will be. From noticing typos to suggesting revisions, your peers will be able to help you make your materials the best they can be.
Excellent written content that puts clients first is a great step towards successful insurance marketing.
2. Print business cards for success
The business card is the most foundational element of marketing and business communications. As an insurance agent, your business card is frequently the first item that a potential client receives, and therefore, it needs to make a good impression. Be sure to include your company’s branding, and consider adding exciting design elements that help you stand out from all of the other agents in the insurance industry.
3. Provide informational brochures and handouts
In the world of advertising for insurance agents, knowledge is power. Your brochures are the materials that distribute this knowledge about insurance products. Give potential clients all the information they need to know about deductibles, out-of-pocket expenses, and more for their potential plans.
Consider printing your handouts in color in order to show your agency’s professionalism and dedication. Include visual elements such as charts and graphs to make important information as clear as possible to your target audience.
4. Increase your internet outreach
These days, no marketing strategy is complete without an active online presence. From indicating to prospective buyers that you’re responsive and innovative, to fleshing out your company’s identity and persona, online marketing efforts demonstrate your willingness to go above and beyond.
Online marketing for insurance agencies can include the following strategies:
- Search engine optimization (SEO). SEO is the process of optimizing your website to increase online visibility. Include high-performance keywords on your website that prospective clients might search for.
- Provide online reviews. Be sure to include positive reviews from satisfied clients on your website. These quotes are highly effective and give new clients confidence that your policies are helping people just like them improve their lives.
- Publish a blog. Include a blog on your website that you update regularly as part of your content marketing strategy. Address topics important to your client base. Depending on the type of insurance your agency provides, these topics could range from advice about how to navigate the insurance system to tips for staying healthy or taking care of a car.
Online marketing is particularly successful with younger generations who spend most of their lives in the digital world.
5. Don’t underestimate the power of flyers
Flyers are the workhorses of insurance marketing ideas; they contain ample information while not overwhelming the reader with excessive details. They strike a balance between form and function. Flyers are the perfect initial material to distribute to clients, as they provide enough information to help readers decide if they want to learn more.
Flyers are exciting and attract attention. Consider printing your insurance marketing flyers on a coated stock such as gloss paper that helps colors and images stand out. The shiny coating that catches the light will bring attention to your plans’ superior coverage and outstanding prices!
6. Invest in pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
Pay-per-click advertising is a lucrative endeavor that brings traffic to your website. With PPC, search engines and other sites will display ads for your website so that potential customers can easily find you. You pay a certain amount of money each time someone clicks on this link.
You can decide which websites you’d like to use PPC with and how you’d like to target your ads. This can include choosing specific Google searches, YouTube videos, or Facebook pages. All of this customization helps ensure that you target your PPC advertising effectively, leading to the largest profits.
7. Provide easy and clear estimates
When considering marketing for insurance agencies, one of your most important strategies is your excellent service. This includes providing accurate estimates that are easy to understand so that customers can understand their options. The quicker you are able to provide these estimates, the better an impression you will make.
8. Provide memorable branded items
Who doesn’t love receiving free swag? Provide custom printed novelty items for clients, which will ensure that they remember you after they’ve left your office.
Custom printed novelty items run the gamut, from office items such as pens to luxury items including magnets and even company-branded apparel such as shirts or hats. Consider printing items that relate to your company’s focus; for example, a health insurance agency could give out free stress balls.
Whichever novelty items you decide to print, be sure that you include your company colors and branding so that clients think of you when they see or use the items. If you’re wondering how to adapt your branding for a specific item’s shape, feel free to ask your printing company for advice.
9. Disseminate online informational materials
As an insurance agency, you help people assure safe futures. Why not further assist in this process by providing helpful information online? This can include free webinars and podcasts about all topics that relate to finding insurance, protecting property, or increasing health, based on your company’s focus.
In addition, these resources will increase goodwill towards your agency. People will realize that you’re trying to help them improve their lives, and this generous spirit will encourage them to learn more about how your company can benefit them.
10. Wrap it all up in a beautiful folder
During the insurance-buying process, clients inevitably amass many printed materials, from flyers, to brochures, to notes, and more. Provide a handy place for customers to store all their materials with custom printed folders. By including your company branding, you are reinforcing yet another opportunity for clients to remember you, and they will appreciate your concern for their comfort.
The Print Authority Is An Expert In Marketing for Insurance Agencies
Quality printing is one of the best ways for your insurance agency to improve your business’ reputation and stand out from the crowd. Here at The Print Authority, we have over three decades of experience helping insurance agencies hone their marketing strategies. Our printing and graphic design services are perfect for insurance agencies of all sizes, and we love helping you create the perfect marketing plan. Contact us to get started reaching your business goals.