Did you know that 94 percent of patients want patient education content, but a third of them don’t get it? By providing informative medical brochures for patients, you both increase patients’ trust and improve their outcomes. Examples of brochures include “Heart Attack Warning Signs” and “The Dangers of Nicotine”.
Printing your own brochures is an easy — and extremely important — process that increases treatment compliance, makes medical ideas easy to understand, and establishes your practice as a leader in the healthcare field. In this article, we explain everything you need to know about printing brochures that make great healthcare accessible. Let’s get started!
The Value of Comprehensive Healthcare Brochures
If you think that medical brochures can only serve one purpose, think again. As a matter of fact, they’re endlessly customizable, so medical professionals can create a useful brochure about any topic they’d like patients to understand.
While most brochures consist of a single piece of paper, they provide enough space to provide in-depth information. Tri-fold brochures, for example, offer six panels where you can explain a wide range of details about an operation, condition, or medication. You can also include headings and subheadings that break the brochure into clearly delineated sections. For example, here are some of the topics that you might address in a brochure about an illness:
- Name of the illness
- Bullet point list of common symptoms, as well as an illustration of the symptoms if relevant
- Diagnostic criteria
- How the illness is contracted and how to prevent it
- How to care for someone with this illness
- Common treatments, along with their possible side effects and recovery times
- When to contact a doctor about persistent or severe symptoms
- FAQ about the illness
- Where to find more information
In-depth brochures help patients understand the details of their health and take charge of their care. By printing your own brochures, you’re fully in control of the information you provide and can be maximally helpful for your target audience.
Medical brochures for patients also provide vital information about a wide range of ideas. Here are some of the most important uses for professionally printed brochures:
- Pre- and post-surgery brochures. Patients need to know how to prepare for medical procedures and how to ensure a smooth recovery. These brochures guide patients through the process and provide important information such as washing instructions, limitations on movement, medicine dosages, and more.
- Practice and hospital brochures. These brochures provide an introduction to your establishment and an overview of which services you provide. If you’re a smaller medical center, you can include a photograph of the practice’s staff to include a personal element. These brochures also often contain a map and driving directions so patients know where to find you.
- Informational brochures about operations and medications. These brochures help patients understand their healthcare options. Patients are weighing many considerations, from medication side effects to operation recovery times, and informative brochures give the information they need to make the best choice.
- Informational brochures about other healthcare topics. These can include knowledge about preventative healthcare, exercise, mental health, and even navigating the health insurance and billing system.
To sum it up, detailed brochures give patients the information they need to take care of themselves and make important decisions about their health. Your brochure might be the only information a patient receives about their health condition or care, so it plays a massive role in their health outcomes. Understand the responsibility you hold for patients, and ensure that your brochures are up-to-date, comprehensive, and have patients’ best interests in mind.
Medical Brochure Templates: The How-To Process
Here’s what to keep in mind as you’re designing your medical brochures for patients.
As you create your brochures, make sure to meet or exceed all medical compliance guidelines. This includes including taking care in the following areas as you write the copy for your brochures:
- Patient care
- Research standards
- And more
The information you provide in your medical brochures influences readers’ health and safety, so write brochures that are clear and concise and use language that everyone can understand.
Using plain language helps readers comprehend the information in your brochures. Make sure to write for your audience, use clear organization, be concise, and choose your words carefully.
Also, print brochures in multiple languages. If any of your patients speak Spanish, for example, providing Spanish-language versions of your materials will help these patients better understand their care and increase their level of trust in your establishment.
Include your organization’s branding on all of your brochures. This ties your helpful information to your company’s identity. Whether you’re printing marketing brochures or post-operation information brochures, adding your branding to your materials is an important step.
Some branding aspects to make sure you include in your brochures include:
- Color scheme
- Layout structure
- Tone of language
If your organization has a branding guide or other resources containing your brand standards, use this as you create your brochures. This will both make the creation process easier and reduce the amount of changes you need to make before printing and publication.
Accessible Contact Information
When patients need medical care, they often need it urgently. They might not have time to look up your practice’s address or contact information online. Therefore, including your contact information in a prominent location on your brochure and making it easy to contact you is an important part of making excellent medical brochures. It’s not an exaggeration to say that making your contact information easily accessible can literally save lives.
From a marketing standpoint, this is also a great idea. The easier you make it for readers to get in touch with you, the more likely they will be to do so. Give them every chance to turn to you instead of your competitors.
Print Medical Brochures for Patients With The Print Authority
When you’re ready to print medical brochures that make a difference, partner with The Print Authority! We print all of the healthcare print materials your practice, office, or hospital needs, including high-quality informative and marketing brochures that put patients first.
To learn more about how The Print Authority can help you improve patient outcomes, contact us!