Workbooks make learning, employee training, and engaging presentations possible. If you’ve been thinking about printing your own workbooks, look no further! In this guide, we’ll explain everything you need to know about workbook printing, design, and style so that you can print top-tier workbooks.
What is Workbook Printing?
Workbook printing consists of all the steps that it takes to get great workbooks from your imagination to your doorstep.
Workbook printing involves a few steps:
- Creating a design.
- Choosing your preferred layout and materials.
- Partnering with a reliable printing company.
- Placing your order.
Each of these steps is quite manageable, particularly with the support of a quality printing company.
Types of Workbook Printing
Workbook printing is useful for a wide range of activities and groups of people because high-quality workbooks are helpful learning tools for everyone who uses them. Here are some of the events and reasons why people might need high-quality workbooks:
- Schools. From kindergarten to 12th grade, and in extracurricular activities, students of all ages benefit from workbooks that help them practice what they’re learning in class. Printing custom workbooks is a great way to ensure that the work is tailored to the material.
- Job training. Technical training books can accompany job training to guide employees through the training process. By answering questions about the training materials and practicing throughout the onboarding period, they’ll be set up for success.
- Presentation workbooks. Workbooks make presentations engaging. They also help attendees follow along, which increases their comprehension levels.
In short, custom workbooks can make any learning opportunity more beneficial. In addition, studies have shown that many people retain information better when it is presented to them in print.
Designing a Workbook
Designing a workbook consists of a few steps. Here are the decisions you get to make as you customize your workbooks.
Workbooks can come in a range of binding styles. Here are some of the most useful ones.
Stapled binding works well for shorter workbooks. This type of binding works well for workbooks under approximately one hundred pages, and it is an affordable and quick binding style.
Coil binding is a great binding style for workbooks because readers can open the books so that they lie flat. This makes the books easy to read and easy to write in. It’s a great binding style for workbooks that contain many activities.
Perfect binding is the type of binding used for paperback books. If readers will keep their workbooks for a long time, perfect binding provides the stability and longevity your workbooks need.
Paper Stock Options
Papers come in a wide variety of stock or paper types and thicknesses. This means that you have a large amount of flexibility when it comes to your preferred stock. Some of the best paper stocks for workbooks include the following qualities:
- Uncoated stock. Uncoated paper is easier to write on, making it a good choice for all workbooks.
- Recycled stock. If you’re looking to help the planet through printing, consider using recycled stock for your workbooks. Users will appreciate that you’re doing your part to reduce waste!
- Lightweight stocks. Paper weight, or thickness, affects the experience of using your workbook. It’s generally a good idea to stick with a lighter-weight stock that keeps your workbook pages flexible, such as 60-pound text-weight stock. If you want workbooks that will last for years, on the other hand, feel free to choose a heavier stock.
- Gloss paper. Glossy pages can be used to highlight diagrams or other important information in the workbook but are not as easily written on.
Creating your workbook design is a fun process where you get to plan out exactly how you want users’ learning process to take place.
When designing your workbook, start with the big picture. What are the main ideas that you want readers to remember? Then, break exercises down into smaller components of these big ideas.
If your workbook accompanies any other material, such as a textbook, video, or presentation, be sure to reference those other materials in your workbook so users can know where to learn more about the information contained in the exercises.
When it comes to designing the pages, make sure to include a larger inner margin to allow for the workbook’s binding. This will ensure that none of the design is cut off and users can see the entire page.
If designing a workbook sounds like a big task, or if you’d like help making your design perfect, feel free to ask the design team at The Print Authority for help.
Find a Top Quality Printing Partner
Working with a great printing company is the key to great workbook printing. Make sure to partner with a printer that has experience printing workbooks, as they will be able to work with you to make sure your workbooks are perfect.
Professional online book printing services also ensure that the entire printing process is taken care of. You don’t need to worry about paper jams, binding materials, or finding the best paper: your printing partner can take care of all of these for you.
If you’ll be distributing your custom booklets to multiple locations, work with a printing company that offers online print portals and shipping so you simply place the order, and the printer will take care of the rest, including shipping to every location.
Workbook Printing With Print Authority
When you’re ready to take the plunge with workbook printing, let The Print Authority help! With over three decades of professional printing experience, we’ve printed workbooks and activity books for a range of businesses, schools, and other organizations to help make learning easy. We also have decades of experience providing print ordering portals and fulfilling orders for remote locations, so feel free to contact one of our experts if you need help with web-to-print fulfillment. With competitive prices, top-notch customer service, and printing expertise, you can’t beat working with The Print Authority.
To learn how The Print Authority can fulfill your workbook printing needs, contact us!