Founded as a franchised Nashville printing company in 1991, The Print Authority’s objective has always been to exceed the expectations of all of our clients. Over the years, we began serving a larger and more geographically diverse customer base. In 2000, The Print Authority became an independent printer and relocated to Brentwood, Tennessee in the Cool Springs area. Our current location has over 5,600 square feet. Since our relocation, The Print Authority has grown conceptually from a print shop into a diversified, modern digital and offset commercial printing enterprise with professional, creative and affordable graphic design services. We design, print, bind and ship printed materials on a daily basis across the United States, and deliver across Middle Tennessee to Nashville, Brentwood, Franklin, Murfreesboro, and beyond.
Since relocating to Brentwood, some of the more significant developments at The Print Authority have been:
- Addition of a full color Heidelberg® GTO GTO offset printing press in 2004. The Heidelberg brand is a pacesetter in terms of quality and durability and its offset printing technology has been praised by printing industry professionals for the past 50 years.
- Upgrade of the plate making system for our offset printing department to a Heidelberg® metal plate system. Metal plates are higher quality than the polyester plates used at some printing facilities. (We also recycle 100% of these metal plates.) In addition, this plate system produces a 250 line screen with a “hybrid” dot pattern. This combination results in printing with outstanding color reproduction and fine detail. We use these plates on all of our printing presses.
- Complete overhaul of our digital printing department since 2010, with the addition of brand new Konica Minolta digital presses. First, we installed a Konica Minolta 1200 black and white digital press. Later in 2010 we installed one of the first Konica Minolta 8000 color digital presses in Tennessee. After extensive research, we determined that the Konica Minolta 8000 produced digital printing which looked most like offset printing. We have now installed a second Konica Minolta 1200. Two of our digital presses have extensive integrated bindery which allows us to fully automate the production of folded and stapled booklets and some more complex folding and punching processes. Take a look at our equipment list.
- Since 2010, we have significantly expanded our use of the internet to deepen our relationships with clients. We migrated to the Pressero platform for creating custom print ordering websites. We have now created many customized websites for clients which make ordering printing, tracking inventory and creating and proofing artwork easy for a variety of our clients.
- Since mid 2011, we have added several fulfillment clients to our customer mix. We now offer On Demand fulfillment services; our digital capabilities give us the capacity to offer an “on demand” system of printing fulfillment orders. This unique system minimizes inventory, cuts cost and ensures timely product delivery for our clients.
- In early 2013, we relaunched The Print Authority’s online presence with this website with full e-commerce capabilities. We are one of the only local printing companies offering e-commerce and printing services not only to clients in Nashville, Brentwood, and Franklin, but extending to Kentucky, Alabama, Arkansas, Virginia, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, Mississippi and beyond.