Printing is a demanding service that can make or break a business’s marketing efforts. Because of this, there are two printing options that are utilized to meet hasty deadlines and fulfill stringent demands: outsourced and in-house printing.
Businesses with the resources to man a printing department sometimes opt to keep printing efforts in-house. Moreover, other businesses may choose to outsource printing to a reliable printing company to free up valuable resources and allocate budget to other areas of business.
Either option can be lucrative based on the business’s own unique needs; both options also have unique disadvantages.
Take stock of your business requirements and learn about the advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing and in-house printing to determine which option is appropriate for your business. Keep reading to learn more!
Pros and Cons of In-House Printing
In-house printing refers to printed materials that are designed, printed, and shipped internally. While this operation may work well for some companies, there are many things to consider before implementing it in your business. Keep reading to learn the pros and cons of creating products in-house.
- The company has complete control over materials and campaigns from beginning to end, including turnaround time.
- Over time, if you have experienced staff and quality products, the cost of in-house printing may pay off.
- The cost and effort to hiring and train staff, purchase printing equipment, and maintain the process over time can be expensive.
- If you require low-volume prints, the costs of in-house printing may not be justified.
- Innovation and design are limited to the knowledge of the in-house staff. Also, the team is limited to the resources that are provided to them.
In-house printing is a terrific option for some business; however, for others, outsource printing services may be the answer to their vital printing needs.
Pros and Cons of Outsourced Printing
Outsourced printing refers to printing that is done by a printing company. The business partners with a printing company, communicates a design or provides mock-ups, and collaborates with the printing company until the desired product is met. Keep reading to learn the pros and cons of working with a third party printer!
- Experienced printing companies have a variety of printing options, like digital and offset printing. Additionally, they have the appropriate knowledge to help you decide which option would be best for your printing project.
- Printing companies offer a slew of printing products like flyers, posters, and business cards. In addition, many also have a variety of novelty items like banners, mugs, car magnets, and more!
- Many printing companies have professional graphic design services, including concept development and creation, branding, logo design, and more
- Outsource printers sometimes have faster turnaround times than in-house shops. For example, The Print Authority typically ships on-demand printed products within a day or two of your order and has rush printing services to help you get what you need on time!
- On-demand printing services allow you to order products as-needed, rather than getting backorders, storing items on-site, and paying cancelation fees for changing the product.
- You may have less control over the production process since you are not overseeing the printing process in your company.
- You must work with a quality printing company with high standards. Not all printing companies offer top-notch service.
- If you have high volume printing needs and the means to conduct in-house printing effectively, in-house printing can sometimes be a better investment.
As shown here, the advantages of outsourcing printing are aplenty. For this reason, a majority of businesses seek out the printing capabilities of third party printers.
Work With a High-Quality Printing Company
Ready to work with an outsourced printing company that will put your needs first?
The Print Authority consistently produces high-quality materials at the lowest prices available! They promise to give you the best customer service experience possible. With fast shipping times, on-demand printing services, and high standards for each product shipped, you are sure to reap all the benefits of outsourced printing.
Contact The Print Authority today to learn more!